About: Ipswich Hospital

The attitude of some of the administrative staff. I need an appointment for an injectiion. I was told over five weeks ago that I would receive a letter within two weeks. It has not arrived as yet. I have phone the hospital and I am passed from person to person. I was offered a cancellation at short notice but couldn't take it as being a more dedicated health professional for more than 30 years I was unable to find a locum at very short notice. I was then put at the back of the waiting list and now I have to wait until October. I have not even as yet seen a doctor at the hospital despite having been referred in June. I am in pain and my GPs surgery prescribed only 7 days supply of pain medicine even though I am expected to wait for several more weeks. I was told that only two doctors at Ipswich hospital can give injections and one is on holiday and it is hospital policy to not engage locums.

I feel very disappointed. Could I be referred to another hospital?

Response from Ipswich Hospital

We are very sorry for the difficulties you have experienced. Please could you get in touch with our PALs team as soon as you can so that we can address these issues. Please ring 01473 702064 or 704781.