"I received suboptimal care by the nurses at this..."

About: Liverpool Womens Hospital

The medical staff where approachable, its a pity the same could not be said for the nursing staff, who at best completed nursing task such as medication rounds, (generally late) at worst where hostile and rude.

Nurses attitude, eg friendly exchanges and tone of voice, I dont wish to hear nursing staff at night talk about other patients "moaning " t(heir nurses words not mine), about their pain following surgery. The nursing staff personal conversations, about how drunk they got on a night out does not promote confidence to patients.

Nurses helping me to the toilet after major surgery would have been helpful, I wasnt even offered a guiding hand. Also being adressed as what does bed four want by a HCA from the nurses station 2nd morning post op, I felt a loss of identity, I think it says more about that individual and the lack of customer care training these people obviously appear to receive.

Px observations performed at the px intervals woud have been good.

The ward shelving was full of dust, my husband went to pick up the patint telephone at the back of my bed to bring it forward for me to use, and it had a think film of dust.

I saw no auditing/monitoring of cleaniness being carried out.

The whole time I was an in-pateint I never saw the Matron, I heard the staff talk unfavourbaly about their Matron, but I never met her, I thought the role of matron was meant to be one of high visability? The majority of nursing staff I came across during my in patient stay could do with customer care training, understanding and compassion.

I hope never to use this hospital service again

Response from Anne Bridson, Corporate Matron for Patient Experience, Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust

I apologise for the delay in responding to your comments. I was very concerned to read about the issues you have written and would really welcome the opportunity to discuss these further with you. If you would like to discuss further please contact me via anne.bridson@lwh.nhs.uk

Response from Liverpool Womens Hospital

I know that you posted your comments a while ago and I sincerely apologise for that but I wanted you to know that your feedback is still very important to us and I was saddened to hear that your experience was so negative.

If you felt that you would like to discuss it further, I wanted you to know that I would really like to hear from you.

My email address is anne.bridson@lwh.nhs.uk I am the Matron for Patient Experience