"Get rid of the HCA's on the ward and it would be a..."

About: Hinchingbrooke Hospital

I was admitted to the ward, the surgical ward I should of attended was closed. The nurses and surgeons were great and talked through things with me. Could not fault them.

The HCA's on the ward had such an attitude, they were so miserable and it seems like they really did not want to be there. They would only do the jobs that they felt they wanted to do.

Response from Hinchingbrooke Hospital

We are disappointed to hear of your experience. We take all feedback and comments seriously and endeavour to always provide a good patient experience. As a Trust we aim to give all staff a good work-life balance and hope that staff are professional and positive in their work.

Your comments have been passed on to the lead nurse and the General Manager for General Surgery so they can feed back to their teams, as learning from patient experience is important.

I would encourage you to contact our Patient Advice Liaison Services Manager on telephone 01480 428964 or by email to pals@hinchingbrooke.nhs.uk so that we can speak to you directly about your experience.