"A department that should be incredibly proud of..."

About: Royal Derby Hospital

I gave birth to my son at Derby Royal in April 2009 after transferring from another hospital late in my pregnancy. All of the staff that dealt with us throughout were incredibly professional and were interested only in my welfare and that of my child. I was well informed in the late stages and my delivery experience and that of labour ward was fantastic - I remember the names of all the midwives who dealt with me so they clearly made a lasting impression!

I have had dealings again more recently with Maternity Services after losing my second son during my pregnancy. We have been treated with incredible dignity and respect and the ongoing support from the hospital, in particular the bereavement midwife has been outstanding.

I have recently found out that I am expecting twins and have had no hesitation in booking to have them at Derby - the service is second to none!

Response from Royal Derby Hospital

Thank you for your positive comments. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the quality of care you received at the Royal Derby Hospital. We are very proud of our maternity services and I shall ensure that your comments are passed on to the team.

Should you wish to nominate any staff for a 'Pride of Derby' award please visit: www.derbyhospitals.nhs.uk/pride

J. Roberts, Communications