"Volunteer car service for West Midlands Ambulance"

About: Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent / Accident and emergency West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

(as a volunteer/advocate),

I am a volunteer in South Staffordshire for the West Midlands Ambulance Service. I work three days a week taking patients to and from appointments at the various hospitals in Staffordshire but am mainly based in Queens Hospital.

I also assist with specialist appointments and I travel to other hospitals far as Derby and Sheffield, where I also wait for the patients to be seen and bring them back home.

I really enjoy my job, and feel that I am able to give something back to society.

Sometimes I am even quicker than the ambulances as I only have to take one or two patients at a time and the ambulances can take up to six. Patients then have to wait for all to be ready before they can set off. I do take pride in my job and the service I offer.

Response from Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

All volunteer services and the volunteers who donate their time at Burton Hospitals are greatly appreciated. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your contribution and the excellent services you provide.

Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Regional Head of Patient Experience, West Midlands Ambulance Service

Thank you for writing about your experience with West Midlands Ambulance Service in such a positive light. It is nice to know you enjoy your job!