"Many thanks to all the nurse and doctors..."

About: Warwick Hospital

. Willoughby ward was wonderfully quiet and peaceful at night.The night staff were brilliant.They were prepared to help me with anything I needed during the night.In fact all of the staff on Willoughby ward were very good. The hospital meals I received were wholesome and good,lunch and supper especially.Nurses hand hygiene was excellent.

The cleanliness of some of the bathrooms on Willoughby ward very much needed to be improved. One bathroom had bloodstains on the floor.These bathrooms looked as though they had not been cleaned during my entire stay on the ward.

The staff who came with the patient's meals on the trolley missed me out; not just on one occaision but three times,each time I had to call for a nurse to chase after the trolley to get me a meal.This happened even though I had filled in all the order forms brought round for these meals.

Was admitted to hospital with a triple fracture in my upper arm and shoulder.Was very impressed by my rapid operation to insert a metal plate in my arm, I saw the consultant in the fracture clinic first thing in the morning and my operation was in the afternoon.My treatment in the day surgery was very good and the nurses there very kind.

Response from Warwick Hospital

I am pleased that your experience with us was generally good. I have investigated your concerns about bathroom cleanliness with an inspection of the ward however we did not find any concerns relating to the cleanliness of the bathrooms. I have also reiterated to the teams the high standard expected. If you would like to speak to me about this in more depth, please write to me at Warwick Hospital, Lakin Road, CV34 5BW or email Glen.Burley@swft.nhs.uk.

Glen Burley