"Horrendous experience."

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

After suffering with ovarian pain (unknown cause) for ten weeks, I went for my second appointment at Bolton Royal. Doctor failed to read my notes and was only prevented from repeating the exact same tests when I told her I'd already had them. She then said 'the problem is that you're fat. Eat less.' Doctor failed to acknowledge the medical condition I have that makes weight loss extremely difficult and told me to 'eat salad instead'. She told me exercise does not assist weight loss and that I should just 'eat a cucumber instead'. I said that I have been in constant agony for the past ten weeks to which she replied 'go and see a dietician. I have your condition and I'm alright. Come back in six months when you've lost two stone'. I had no treatment, no diagnosis of the problem and in no way is my pain any less. I was disgusted with my treatment.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We were very concerned to read your experiences and would very much welcome the oppurtunity to investigate these matters for you. If you would like us to investigate, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on telephone number 01204 390120 who will be happy to help with your concerns.