About: North Manchester General Hospital

They lost my father’s prescription as an insulin dependent diabetic it is pathetic that he was not given any insulin for 245 hours! His tubes came out and he lost a lot of blood - they changed his pyjamas because of the blood and now have no idea where they are!!!!

I called to complain and got no apology, no-one will look into it to prevent recurrence - been through pals, the head of diabetic, complained numerous times - it's the same every time he gets admitted.

This hospital shows exactly what is wrong - there is No Accountability - everyone hides behind 'it's not my fault' - event the ward manager was saying 'I wasn't in' so not my problem!!!!

Avoid this hospital at all costs - it could be your last day on earth!

I will be in touch with eh chief executive - do you think he'll see me????????

Audit your processes and make sure everyone is doing everything they can to get patients well. Make people accountable and discipline on that basis.

Management and delivery need to work closer together - I could get the ward staff to make an appointment for me or pass on my request for an appointment to the CEO's depot. What is that about? One organisation? I don’t think so.

Disgraceful - i would not feel proud to work at north Manchester and I bet most of the staff don’t either! But I bet they all think it’s someone’s fault, not theirs ie ‘It’s not me, I do a great job, it’s them’!!!!!

Response from North Manchester General Hospital

We are sorry to hear your comments regarding your experiences at North Manchester General Hospital.

We do take these criticisms very seriously and investigate issues raised by patients and other service users. In your comments you mentioned that you had been in touch with PALS already. However, as this is the appropriate route for following up on complaints or criticisms, we would urge you to get back in touch with PALS on 0161 627 8678 with specific details so that we can carry out further investigations.