"Wonderful, caring and considerate staff!"

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I can only commend the staff at Lancaster and cannot thank them all enough. My birthing experience was wonderful, despite being a 40 hour labour. I had planned a homebirth but due to complications had to go in. As a hypnobirthing mum I used all my education and preparation to stay calm and relaxed and needed no pain relief whatsoever. Upon my arrival the staff were amazing. They were so accommodating allowing me to make the room darker and having my music on and family and friends by my side. They clearly explained procedures and respectfully cooperated with all my birth preferences as fully as they could. When I look back on my birth I do so with fondness and want to publicly thank all the staff at Lancaster royal Hospital.

Nothing as the whole experience totally exceeded any preconcieved ideas I had about hospital births.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Thank you for your kind comments. We will pass your message onto the teams involved.

We place great value in the fact that local people continue to choose our hospitals and we openly encourage patients and visitors to give us their feedback. This will enable us to continually improve the services we offer and the experience our patients have whilst in our hospitals.

If you would like to be kept informed about developments at our hospitals, then please take a moment to sign up as a public member, you can do so via our website: http://www.mbht.nhs.uk/trust/how-to-become-a-member/. In addition you can also follow us on twitter www.twitter.com/UHMBT and via Facebook at www.facebook.com/UHMBT.