"First class service, highly qualified..."

About: St Mary's Hospital (London)

The team work style of the Vascular services, all members, clinical and non-clinical, played important parts in the overall treatment received by my husband during a very difficult admission. He had major complications but his treatment both within the Vascular Dept and the ITU Dept was exemplary and as a result he has made a recovery that was not expected. His complications were due to his general poor health.

I liked the way in which I was kept informed and at very worrying times doctors and nurses were always supportive. The cleanliness of wards and ITU was excellent and the personal hygiene by all clinical staff was first class. All that could be done was done.

I cannot recommend St Mary's Vascular Service more highly and should anyone ever have the misfortune to require intensive care treatment then St Mary's have the very best you can find.

An almost trivial comment, but the lift service was a major trial on occasions. It was often easier to use the stairs but not always possible for all patients/public.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. The Trust is delighted to know that you were pleased with the care your husband received and we thank you for your kind expression of appreciation for all our staff in Vascular Services and ITU.

We also appreciate your comments with regard to improvements.