"Degrading, disrespectful, uncaring A&E..."

About: Salisbury District Hospital

The Gyne ward and staff there were exceptional in their care and the respect they gave my daughter. It is a pity that the same cannot be said for the A&E department.

I am so angry that I cannot even speak of how dissapointed we were to hear how badly my daughter was treated. She felt degraded, and very lonely, being a visitor to the area and needing A&E treatment for a very dangerous condition.

She is a nurse practitioner herself in a busy A&E and would never have treated anyone the way she was treated on that night. We are intelligent people who understand that these departments are busy places at times, but surely it does not take much to get a basic comfort need. How can a scared and lonely girl in deep pain be denied even the comfort of a requested blanket!

I will be making a formal complaint about the A&E staff.

Response from Salisbury District Hospital

We are so sorry to hear about your daughter's experience at our hospital. Your comments have been passed on to the departments you mentioned. We take feedback seriously and would like to have the opportunity to find out more about what happened.

Please could you contact our Customer Care Department on 0800 374208 to give us more information so that we can look into the concerns you have raised?

We hope that your daughter is recovering well following her recent stay with us.