"I find it very beneficial for my recovery"

About: Ashley House

(as a service user),

I am a service user at ashley house and a frequent user of vida's holistic therapies which I find very beneficial to my recovery. I would as would many people I have spoken too like to have access to a vida session in the evening, this would be very helpful, especially for carers and those working during the day who otherwise might miss out on a chance.

As a service user I am really grateful and I know that anyone who is caring for a substance user has a very stressful life and would really benefit from holistic therapies, it would be great if it did get started.

Response from Philip Gibson, Team Manager, Community Drugs Team

Its good to know you are one of our many clients or carers who are making use of the holistic therapies within Ashley House.

We have recently had a similar request as yours suggesting an evening therapy session.I have discussed this already with colleagues and we are not sure if there would be enough demand to justify this .We would also have to examine if our resources would allow us to undertake such a session also.I will ensure however that your idea is discussed in the Ashley House Managers meeting and with our commissioner of services.

Response from Tracy Williams, Holistic Therapist, Vida Holistic Living

We are pleased that our therapies have helped you in your recovery. Please continue to use our sessions as much as possible, we do have 3 sessions throughout the week for service users on a Mon, Wed and Fri afternoon 1pm - 4 pm.