"Very impressed, felt well looked after..."

About: Stafford Hospital

I recently had day surgery from the day and theatre admissions unit. The staff were lovely, reassuring and caring. I was very impressed with the care I received from healthcares to the consultant.

The students were a credit to the department, particularly the two who admitted me.

The sitting in the waiting area rather than being admitted to a bed I found rather helpful, as it meant there were people to talk to to keep myself distracted pre-op.

I could have done with being left a jug of water - not just a half cup, particularly having been NBM all morning. It came when I asked, and other people had one I think it was just an oversight but I didn't think to ask until later on.

Response from Charlotte Garrity, Communications Officer, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

We are always pleased to hear about the positive experiences of our patients so we really appreciate that you took the time to come online and post a comment. It is also a real credit to the students in the department that they have had such positive feedback so I will ensure that the Manager on the Day and Theatre Admissions Unit recieves your comments so they can be passed on.

I am also sorry to hear that you weren't given a jug of water and will ensure staff are made aware that they need to check that patients have enough water within reach.

Response from Stafford Hospital