"fearful until compitent staff came"

About: Royal Oldham Hospital

the conditions of staffing where very poor, the staff did not know what was happening and what to do. my partner hat throat surgary and was put on a bowel ward, resulting in an infection which after 2 days of swelling still hasn't be sorted. the ops have been few and far between, and the administration of medicines has been un organised and medication has been missed. at visiting the nurses station was empty and it took nearly 15 mins for a nurse to answer a buzzer and help the patients with machine alarms going off. at shift change to the night staff they are angry that the day shift haven't got a doctor to see my partner as the infection has gotten so bad it is restricting his airway and making him have flu like symptoms.

theresults from xrays that were taken this morning where misplaced and found by the night shift at the nurses station. my partner is feeling depressed and afraid, he has had his thyroid out and needs his medication to be regular, thank goodness the night staff are caring and compitent

Response from Royal Oldham Hospital

Thank-you for taking the time to feedback on your experiences at the Royal Oldham.

We apologise for any distress your partner felt during his stay and we are keen to address these issues. Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 627 8678 and give mores details so we can investigate these issues further.