"Supervised pick up at Guernsey House"

About: Guernsey House / Primary care addiction service Sheffield (PCASS)

(as a service user),

I have 2 supervised pick ups a week. I am going through a very stressful time (due to a death) and despite receiving a good service from Guernsey house I am not sure how it is going to stop me using.

I have not given a clean sample for quite a while - I think it is just bad luck that something happens just before I have to give a sample that means I use again. I am happy with the support I receive but I guess this is just something you just have to work through for yourself.

Response from Office Manager, Primary Care Addiction Service, Sheffield, Guernsey House

Thanks for taking the time to post about your experiences of treatment at Guernsey House - it's good to hear that you feel you receive a 'good service' from Guernsey House but it does sound like you could do with some more help from us - if one of our doctors or key workers can't provide what you need then they will be able to sign post you to another service that can. Our staff all have a good knowledge of services available locally and can make a referral for you, from housing, benefits and employment support to bereavement counselling, psycho-social interventions and support groups.

Please talk to one of our staff next time you're in the clinic.

Wishing you all the best,

Guernsey House