"rudeness of staff"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

I didn't have to wait, my apppointment time was kept to

communication

I attended the MRI unit at Pinderfields for a head MRI.

The radiographer who was responsible for my care treated me badly.

I was the first patient of the day. They "told me off" for not having removed my earrings, telling me this wa son the information that I should have received. When I was laid on the table, they didn't tell me what would happen to me so I had no idea what to expect. When they held my head down and tried to put a cage over my head I started to panic as I didn't know what was going on. When I started crying and told them I was frightened and claustrophobic, they told me I would have to come back with someone with me and that I would have to take lorazepam. When I calmed down a bit I told them I had got myself psyched up for having the test and wanted to give it a try. I did manage to have the test done, but I fretted the whole time and found it really traumatic. I felt I had did not have my dignity respected at all. All I needed was to be informed and to be treated with kindness, and my anxieties may have been a lot less.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

We apologise for any anxiety caused and would be pleased to investigate if the patient would like to contact us on 01924 543687