"The care provided by the midwifes in the..."

About: Lister Hospital

After an intially disppointing booking in appointment with a consultant at the Lister which caused me to complain in January 2011, I was not looking forward to continuing my ante-natal care there. However, I have been more than pleasantly surprised by the care given to me by the midwifes and the registrar I have seen since. At my 28 week appointment this week, all my concerns about giving birth were not only listened to but dealt with sympathetically by both the midwife and the doctor. I was seen quickly and came away from the appointment happy that I would be giving birth at the hospital.

The VBAC clinic I attended a few weeks earlier with the consultant midwife was very biased towards a VBAC birth. I felt my concerns were pushed to one side whilst the benfits of this mode of delivery were pushed upon me. I didn't feel listened to and came away from the appointment very upset. and believing I had no choice in the matter when this turned out to not be the case.

Response from Lister Hospital

We are pleased that your latest experience of the Lister's maternity service was so much better than had been the case previously - our team will be very happy to read that you felt supported and listened to. We'll make sure that they also get to read your comments about the VBCA clinic, as such feedback is invaluable when it comes to making improvements in the care they provide.