"Lovely doctor saw our son at LGI"

About: Leeds General Infirmary / Paediatrics

I would like to congratulate the staff at childrens' outpatients in the Martin Wing of Leeds General Infirmary for a very positive experience last Thursday.

The environment was clean, fresh, spacious and welcoming with lots of good quality toys for children to play with. The staff were friendly and helpful and we were seen promptly on arrival.

We had an appointment with a paediatrician for an assessment of tics that our six year old boy has been displaying. The paediatrician (I wish I could remember her name) was absolutely lovely and so sweet, friendly and kind to our little boy, speaking to him directly and involving him throughout. She explained things well and was very reassuring.

I couldn't rate the experience more highly. Thank you!

Response from Administrative Support Assistant, NHS Leeds

Thank you for sharing your recent story on Patient Opinion.

I was pleased to hear about you and your son's positive experience at the Leeds General Infirmary. I shall make sure your compliments are passed to the staff in the paediatrics service.

Response from Administrative Support Assistant, NHS Leeds

Message from the Patient Experience Team at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust:

We would like to thank you for taking the time to place these positive comments. They have been forwarded to the Paediatric team involved.