"I am not allowed to access some of the services"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Adult mental health (inpatient)

(as a service user),

On Ward B2 the nursing staff are brilliant. All of them are compassionate and will see you one to one, they appear to be listening and have been very supportive.

Because I am out of the area I am not allowed to access some of the services. When I am at home I am close to mental health services & not allowed to access them because of my job.

If I am classed as a Nottinghamshire patient I should be able to access all services but they won't fund everything I need. e.g. when a gym session took place I wasn't allowed to go and when i requested a carers assessment for my husband he was not entitled to it and he is struggling.

I don't know where to go and who to talk to and how to appeal. Please help!

Thank you for telling us about your experience. We appreciate hearing your feedback.

staff will be pleased to hear your positive comments and your concerns will be raised as requested.

I will contact the appropriate department and ask them to respond to your questions.

Response from Involvement Team , Involvement & Experience, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

“Many thanks for your posting and your excellent comments on the caring nature of the ward staff. I’m sorry to hear that you were unable to access all of the services provided due to receiving treatment outside of your normal locality. Having spoken with the Carer Assessment team they have informed me they are locality based and referrals have to be made to the Carer team for the area where the carer resides.

Self referrals to the carer team are welcomed and the number you require is 01522 552222.

Best wishes for your ongoing recovery.

Simon Barnitt - Ward Manager B2