"excellent, would find it difficult to..."

About: Rotherham Hospital

all staff work well together and bend over backwards to make sure patients needs are catered for at all times,even when under pressure.

very often the ward is short staffed in the evenings and this can lead to patients having to wait for drugs or treatment. This has not been a problem for me personally as I am able to fend for myself most of the time however I have seen on numerous occasions seen patients wanting lifting for bedpans and comfort, having to wait until staff is available,this can be quite sometime on occasions.

Exellent level of care from all staff.

Reception and clinic staff are very profesional and manage to keep their cool at times of stress due sometimes to patients having to wait to see their doctor.

Response from Rebecca Allinson, Associate Director, Corporate Relations, Rotherham Hospital

Dear Graham B

Thank you for your posting. It's nice to hear your praise for the staff who cared for you during your visit.

It is unfortunate to hear the feedback about patients waiting in the evenings as staffing levels should not affect this but I will make sure our Chief Nurse sees your comments. If you feel able you can call Patient Services on 01709 424461 and we can look into any specific issues if we know which ward you were attending.

With best wishes