"Clearly mismanaged and poorly run"

About: Royal United Hospital

After the initial consultation which was three quarters of an hour over the appointed time I was sent out to reception to make a future appointment and then with blood form in hand, to the phlebotomy dept.

By 3.30pm the desk receptionist had gone so when my next appointment shall be or if it is going to be convenient to me I do not know.

I then proceeded to the phlebotomy department now near the main entrance only to be told that I was too late as that also closes by 3.15pm and I could not get the blood tests done.

But what hospital other than the RUH does this?

This has been a unique experience and clearly indicates poor management when even the hospital shop opens longer than the essential medical departments.

Not in any way whatsoever happy about this

Response from Royal United Hospital

We are very sorry to hear that your experience fell far short of the level of care and service we want all our patients to have and we will be looking into the detail of the problems you encountered. If you would be kind enough to write to Ms Kelly Jupp, our Complaints Manager that would enable us to look into your complaint at a more personal level and try to find a suitable resolution, making sure your next visit was a lot more successful.