"Theatre Admission Unit"

About: Rotherham Hospital / General surgery

I arrived on the at 7:10 am at reception and was told to go through to the waiting area.

The waiting area seemed quite smaller than I expected as I had recently had another operation and attended the day sugary unit where there was lots of space and plenty of seats. This was unlike the T.A.U where upon leaving for my operation I could see people sat outside the waiting room in reception in their hospital gowns.

All the staff [medical or not] were a pleasure to meet as they were all friendly and

efficient .

The only downside is that it should have had as big a waiting area as the day sugary or been planed out as well to make it a better experience for all patients and in turn a better place for the staff.

Response from Rotherham Hospital

Dear yorkshire lass,

Thank you for your posting and for sharing your feedback on your experience in the Theatre Assessment Unit.

I will make sure your comments are shared with the staff in the unit and with Patient Services.

I am aware that work is already underway to improve patient experience in this area - and your comments will be fed into that process - but if you have any more feedback to offer, please call Patient Services on 01709 424461.

With best wishes