"Good staff but I didn't get the food I ordered"

About: Tameside General Hospital / General medicine

Nursing staff were wonderful also domestic on ward very friendly. Nice patients.

I felt the food on the other hand was shocking as I didn’t always get what I had ordered.

Response from Philip Dylak, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital Foundation Trust

Thank you for these comments. I am glad to read you were happy with the care provided at Tameside Hospital and that you found the Domestic to be friendly. Unfortunately I cannot convey your thanks to the staff involved because you didn’t indentify the ward you were on.

I was disappointed and somewhat surprised to learn that you thought the food was “shocking “- we get very few negative comments about the food in the hospital. I will pass your comments on to the relevant manager, Ray Mann for action. If you had time it would be useful if you could email Ray to let him know which ward you were on at what time, so he can look into whether there was some specific problem.

ray.mann@tgh.nhs.uk

I hope you are much recovered now

Philip Dylak

Would you like to help the hospital to improve its services further? We are currently looking for patients and carers to become involved in a development called “Patient Stories”. We want to know more about our services from the point of view of those who received them – what was good, bad, what could be improved, what should be changed. Want to know more about what’s involved?

Please contact Philip Dylak, Director of Nursing at philip.dylak@tgh.nhs.uk