"Hampshire Eating Disorders Service"

About: April House

Rather than telling a full story, I really would just like to give my most sincere, and heartfelt thanks to the staff at April House who work on the Eating Disorders team. Whilst I was in their care they worked so hard, and showed so much genuine care and compassion, as I battled with the emotional and physical issues synonymous with an Eating Disorder.

I feel very lucky to have been in Hampshire when I developed my disorder, as from subsequent experience I feel that not every trust is as diligent, empathetic, and professional as this one. Having moved out of the area I am obviously now in the catchment of a different trust, who I feel have shown no interest in my case. Whilst my progress has been a little slow since my referral, I am still working hard, and hope that I will soon rediscover the resolve and will to gain weight. The fact that without supervision I am not again losing weight is in itself an achievement to me, and in no small part a result of the treatment I received in Southampton. I cannot thank the team enough for giving me the skills to fight a disorder that had taken over my life. They really are inspirational to me.

I hope the team receive the recognition they deserve in their field, because they are a fantastic example to Eating Disorders services nationwide.

Response from Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback which is always valued and will be passed on to the Eating Disorder Team.

Mandy Rogers