"Care & welfare of patients good but..."

About: St Albans City Hospital

Being seen to on time.

To my horror I will be discharging myself from this hospital as the parking fee has now risen to £4.00 as the minimum charge. It's outrages that it seems it went up not so long ago from £3.00 to £3.50 and now £4.00.

I resent paying that amount and I have decided not attend any more appointments as I cannot afford it.

If my health deteriorates I will just have to call an ambulance which in turn will cost the Hospital a great deal more.

I have spoken to other patients who have done the same and told me to take this action as the Hospital hasn't a clue how to administer and track this.

Therefore I thought I would highlight this as if you are not aware of these action you won't be able to respond.

Sorry, but the hospital management are looking at a short term view whereby they should be looking at the long term view of the running of the hospital.

Response from St Albans City Hospital

As a hospital Trust we have to make difficult decisions regarding how and on what we spend our constrained resources. Unfortunately, this has meant that we have had to charge for our car parks in order that we can recover some of the costs of providing these facilities. If we do not do so, clinical budgets will be subsidising the cost of parking