"Hospital Comment"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

Nothing

Just about everything. 1.5 hours after my child had a fit she finally arrived at the hospital and was then refused access to pediatrics until she had been seen by an A&E doctor. When we were finally taken up to the "treetop" ward they had not conferred with the doctor who had just assessed her and we had to repeat the examination again.

Pediatric doctor was defensive arrogant and condescending.

Waiting times at every stage were ridiculous (particularly for a Tuesday afternoon) and the processes repetative and generic rather than being patient led. No consideration was given to the fact that she is 19months old and it was well past her bedtime.

I will now take out private medical insurance for my daughter as the NHS delivered a worse standard of care than I would accept for my dog.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback from your visit to University Hospital of North Durham in 2011. Unfortunately, at the time you shared your feedback, we were unable to respond. If you would like to discuss your previous comments please contact us. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774