"Reassuring and amazing service."

About: St Mary's Hospital (Manchester)

I had some bleeding in early pregnancy and went to the EPU after work (6pm) I was referred to ward 63 where I was seen first by a nurse and then a Doctor. The care and attention I was given was fantastic. Given how concerned I was about my pregnancy they were amazing. I had some tests and blood done by the Dr and was told someone would call me with the results. I left ward 63 at 7.30ish in the evening.

I got a phone call next morning and was asked to come in for a scan. I got the call at 11am and was scanned at 12.10 - The sonographer was amazing, put me at ease and settled me straightaway. I couldn't thank them enough. Thankfully all was well with my baby (ok, I know it's not quite a baby yet!! But it is to me!)

I then went to the EPU for a chat with the midwife and we went through the reults of the tests, again, they were amazing put me at ease and explained everything. They gave me chance to ask questions and didn't rush me at all.

Nothing. They were really good to me.

If anyone has similar experiences in early pregnancy, they should contact the EPU, fantastic service.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thank you. It is good to receive positive feedback which reflects the hard work and dedication of our staff. Your kind comments have been passed to the ward.