"A big thank you to all of the staff,..."

About: Wansbeck Hospital

I cannot praise the staff of Ward 4 highly enough. I think government cutbacks haven't helped (staff always very busy- why can't they cut backroom staff and managers rather than the front line?) but apart from a few occasions of waiting (non urgent things) all of the staff were always attentive, and that is from the nursing staff through to the domestic staff (I'm not sure of job titles, but cleaning, meals etc.).

A follow up appointment was handled quickly, efficiently, and no waiting!

I had to contact the ward about a change in medication that they had made (my GP had not picked up the change that was advised) but very quick help, well explained allowed me to visit my GP and sort things out quickly.

I think as with most Hospitals some of the doctors/consultants sometimes seem to waft through making you feel as though you are a s'case' and not part of their conversation as they talk to their accompanying colleagues. It's not all of the Doctors/Consultants and not every time, but you are sometimes left feeling a little bit like you might as well be somewhere else.

I'd like to express my thanks to all of the staff, from admissions onwards (reception, porters, medical), and especially to those on Ward 4, for the care given to me.

Response from Wansbeck Hospital

Thank you for your comments posted on this website regarding the care afforded to you at Wansbeck General Hospital.

Patient feedback is always appreciated and I trust that you are continuing to make a good recovery from your stay. I have noted your comments re medical consultations and I will remind staff about the importance of including patients during ward rounds. Thank you for taking the time to write.