"Safe, high quality care that made me..."

About: The Whittington Hospital

The speed by which a diagnosis was made, it was discovered I needed surgery - I was given a choice of dates that were convientient for me - right through from pre assessment to the day of surgery. My pre op risks were assessed and I was given very clear advice on my plan of care. This became a reality without any input from me on the day that I was admitted for surgery.

The day surgery unit is very well organised - its physical design helps to make it a calm peaceful place to wake up after surgery. All the staff were calmly competent and very caring.

I was not rushed and felt like I was treated as an individual rather than being processed.

The departments were exceptionally clean.

I was given literature pre and post op that was very clear and helped me to know what I needed to do - I felt empowered to make my own decisions.

I was greatful that I did not get booked for a follow up OP appt as I did not need one and I would have had to take time off work.

Nothing

Response from The Whittington Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. Apologies that this was not responded to before, however the PALS and Complaints Department have only recently taken on responding to NHS Choices feedback.

I am glad that your experience was so positive and appreciate you taking the time to write. Thanks very much.