"Shocking!"

About: Pontefract General Infirmary

the fact that the hospital was clean was a bonus.

Everything.. I went to the A&E as i had fallen quite badly on my ankle and am 33 weeks pregnant. I was in agony with my foot and my niece took me to the hospital to be greeted by no-one and she asked if anyone could help get me into the reception as i am not able to stand and she needed help to get me into the wheelchair only to be told go get a wheelchair the staff are too busy!!!! i am 33 weeks pregnant for gods sake! we eventually got into the reception only to be hounded by questions at the desk and all i wanted was something to rest my foot on as it felt like it was about to bust!! but no.. all i got was question after question!! then to be told to wait in the reception! when we finally got to be seen the Traige nurse was a diamond she was polite and very gentle! but as soon as i was taken through to the cubicle it was like been treated in a 3rd world country! poked and prodded and told oooo you have just sprained it.. we wont xray you. Not a single question about if my baby is moving or have i got any concerns about her???? I am appalled at the way i was treated.. i am now at home in agony with a black foot that is supposed to heal in a day! not even a stick to walk with to support myself. this hospital needs sorting out!!!!!

bad bad bad that is all i can say!

Response from Pontefract General Infirmary

We are concerned to note these comments and would invite the patient to contact us directly on 01924 543687 in order that we may investigate.