"More and more depressing and aggrivating..."

About: Leicester General Hospital

The WI Cafe and ladies...

Communication, appointment making, record keeping - shall I continue?

I have been comming to this hospital for approx 10 years suffering with a reoccuring back complaint to which no one seems able to give me a clear diagnosis. (Unfortunately I cannot afford to go private). My latest visit was in November 2010 to which I am still waiting for the follow up appointment for treatment. I have phoned to chase up the appointment only to be told in so many words it's nothing to do with us - it's another department. What ever happened to communication between departments?? This time, it has been over 4 months I have had to endure the ever increasing pain whilst awaiting for so called treatment. I have collapsed @ work 3 or 4 times during this time period and had to be rushed to the Royal Infirmary (Ive been there so many times over the years I now have my own cubicle named after me!!) causing me to have more time off work. My partner has called on my behalf and was instructed that she couldn't have any information as I had not given my permission - this has been given time and time again - does no one ever keep records? I mean I have been with her over 20 years - how much more permission does she need! My six year old son cannot understand why daddy can't play games with him or pick him up like the other daddys can - again my partner has to take both roles which obviously stresses her out.

Someone needs to severely shake up this hospital - please get a grip!! Stop looking at pleasing the shareholders and start caring about your paitients healh and well being.

Response from Leicester General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your negative experience at Leicester General Hospital. We realise a significant amount of time has passed since you posted your comment and we would like to sincerely apologise that we did respond to in a timely manner. We have since updated our process of responding to reviews posted on NHS Choices and are now committed to making sure we respond to comments within 21 days of the date they are posted. If you would still like you comment or concern to be investigated, please contact PILS on 08081 788337 or online at www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/patients/patient-welfare/patient-information-and-liaison-service/contact-form/. If you have any other specific questions or comments, please feel free to contact us on communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk. Thank you Communications Team Leicester’s Hospitals