"Disgusting, frightening."

About: Ealing Hospital

I was admitted into their Psychiatric ward three years ago and have since had to struggle to receive after/ongoing care because there is absolutely no record of my stay.

This was probably due to the fact that there was not enough room for me and I had to sleep under a bedsheet on a couch in the dayroom, to be woken (kicked) at 5 in the morning by the cleaner, saying 'this is not a hotel'. You're not kidding!

The stay itself was horrendous - the most minor thing was that it was unbearably hot. I was, however, recorded as dillussional and hearing voices because one nurse would tell me to sleep in one room and a doctor would say I must have a bed to go to. I nearly had my release postponed because staff did not communicate with eachother about their patients - remember we were all psychiatric patients so we weren't listened to/believed.

I have had any subsequent treatment/referral delayed because my sister-in-law, a solicitor, had to vouch for my 'story' about being in the ward. She was the one who collected me and, to do so, had to come into the ward proof I wasn't just hanging about outside the hospital saying I was a patient!.

Absolutely hate the place - look at the post I will make about my treatment in A & E.

Response from Ealing Hospital

Ealing Hospital is an acute hospital and does not have a Psychiatric Ward. We would be happy to discuss this further if you would like to contact our PALS team on freephone 0800 0641120 or via e-mail at pals@eht.nhs.uk