"I had a wonderful NHS experience both in..."

About: Bedford Hospital South Wing

Following a day surgery procedure I had wwhat in my mind was seriuus problem at about 2.30a.m. the following morning. I was in A&E about 03.00 and every possible step was taken to reassure me and my wife that everty thing would eventually be all right. The first doctor I saw which was within a few minutes was absolutelyu fantastic as was her colleague who eventually admitted me to the ward for observastion. I would really like to thank them so much.

My good care did noit end there I was equally impressed by the level of care not only given to me, but to persons who were in a much worse state than me. The ward I ws in was continually being cleaned it appeared to be every hour and the quality of food in quality, presentation and delivery could not be faulted.

Possibly a bit of re-decoration of the walls were they had been damaged.

Response from Bedford Hospital South Wing

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Bedford Hospital's NHS Choices site. We are pleased your experience of A&E and Shand Ward was so positive. Providing excellent patient care in a clean, safe environment is at the heart of everything we do. We are pleased you enjoyed your meals - you might like to know that our catering department recently won a local council Heartbeat Award, and were praised in a Soil Association report into hospital food because they cook all our food fresh, on-site, using local produce where they can. Thank you again for your kind comments, which will be passed on to the teams who looked after you during your stay.