"A worrying time made more comfortable by..."

About: Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital (Welwyn Garden City)

The visits were for my daughter to have a series of operations on a dislocated/fractured elbow. She was under the care of a consultant in the fracture clinic and he treated the both of us with patience and respect at all times. He explained every step of the operations and the risks involved. I was extremely impressed with him and his staff.

The operations were carried out under the care of the childrens ward and although all of the staff were very good I thought that the nurse who was meant to distract the children from the 'needles' etc. actually made my daughter more nervous! I think she needs to take more notice of the parents if they believe their children are capable of coping with the procedure.

Response from Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

Many thanks for the feedback, which we'll make sure reaches the fracture clinic and children's ward teams. Whilst noting the one or two individual things on which we can improve, we're glad that your overall experience was a good one. We wish you and your daughter the very best for the future.