"Nightmare very stressful"

About: Darlington Memorial Hospital

The staff ignored the needs of my Mum & she was left lying in Urine & completely exposed to all who passed. The staff came 'when they had time' and said the covers were being thrown off the bed all night. The room was not cleaned properly all the time my Mum was there & someone was with her most of the time. The only cleaning was empty the bin & wipe the sink.Information was very sparingly shared.

The only good thing was it very quick due to the efficiency of the Mc Millan nurses to get he home at the end.They were very good

Staff compassion

Care for basic human dignity

Response from Darlington Memorial Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback from your visit to Darlington Memorial Hospital in 2011. Unfortunately, at the time you shared your feedback, we were unable to respond. If you would like to discuss your previous comments please contact us. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774