"Excellent Diagnosis"

About: Tameside General Hospital Tameside General Hospital / Urology

My mother-in-law was admitted at Tameside after being told at another hospital that there was nothing wrong with her. At Tameside the first doctor she saw in A&E was lovely but very professional, she knew exactly how to speak and treat her.

After a stay in MAU - which was a lovely ward - and Colin a nurse who never stopped and was wonderful with the patients she was moved to ward 41. My mother was seen by several doctors who diagnosed she had vasculitis - which is very rare. She was transferred immediately to the MRI Renal ward.

I am sorry but I don't know which doctor diagnosed this rare illness but thank you so much - it saved her life.

Response from Philip Dylak, Director of Nursing, Tameside Hospital Foundation Trust

Dear Suzy S

Thank you for posting these comments. I am pleased to note that you were happy with the treatment and diagnosis of your mother in law’s condition at Tameside Hospital.

I will make sure the staff in A&E, MAU and ward 41 are made aware of your comments, and it may well be that the doctor concerned can be identified from what you have said.

I do hope your mother in law is improving.

Many thanks