"Doctors/Keyworkers"

About: Guernsey House / Primary care addiction service Sheffield (PCASS)

When I am at Guernsey House it feels like the doctors tend to make decisions for you and try to change my mind on things. I feel I am on my way to recovery but its hard and my keyworker is really helpful/brilliant.

I think they should be easier about giving medication out becuase I get treated differently by different doctors.

Response from Office Manager, Primary Care Addiction Service, Sheffield, Guernsey House

Thanks for telling us about your experience at Guernsey House. It's important for us to hear your feedback - good and bad - about our service so that we can look at what we do and make improvements.

The concerns you raise about how the doctors consult with you suggest a longer discussion about this subject would be worthwhile - perhaps you could raise it with your keyworker? It sounds like you have developed a very positive relationship with your keyworker. If there is a doctor at Guernsey House who you have gotten on well with you could try to make all your appointments with that particular doctor as although we strive to provide a consistent service, different doctors may have slightly different approaches and there may be one approach that suits you more than another (and likewise a doctor who you don't gel so well with may be a good match for another service user).