"I am getting all my senses back"

About: City Health Care Partnership CIC / Stop Smoking Service

i walked up the stairs to the local non smoking clinic like i had done the previous years but i was determined this time, something had to change.

i set a dead line. i had 2 cigs left then that was it..... found it really hard and i couldnt do it with gum alone....i went back the following week and i did it!

I stopped smoking 26th feb 2011. with the help of the fantastic ladies at my local stop smoking clinic (garden village) . they gave me the best advice the best attention and care i could have ever asked for and was always a telephone call or a visit away if i ever ran into any trouble or had a bad moment.

i now feel more energetic, im breathing a lot better then what i was. i can run further and i can now be proud of myself that ive finally managed 4 week of not smoking.... the 1st week was the worst.... it was like my whole body was changing. my brain was changing.... i smoked 20 a day for 10 years.... i didnt know what proper smell was or a proper breath! now im getting all my senses back...and i owe it all to the fantastic ladies at the local non smoking clinic.

Response from Maxine Wrightson, Public Health Operations Manager, City Health Care Partnership CIC

Firstly well done in achieving your goal of stopping smoking, I am sure the fact that you suceeded on top of the improved feelings around your senses and health will be a real boost for you to stay stopped. Your feedback is very important to us so thank you and good luck for the future.

Best Wishes.