"My partner is back home as bad as ever"

About: Leigh Infirmary Mh Oupatients Clinic / Sephton Unit

(as a carer),

my partner was admitted to the ward by his psychiatrist on Monday .his cpn who has been fantastic told him of his worsening condition ,he has been diagnosed with bipolar and a psychotic disorder he went in no problem. As he is 60 and I think he has dementia as his short term memory is shocking. I went visiting on tuesday and straight away he was leaving, he saw a doctor who told him he could leave as long as he signed himself out. I was totally gobsmacked as the doctor didn't seem to know why he was there or why I asked them to section him as I didn't want to take him home, but they refused ,so now he's back home as bad as ever. I feel totally let down by leigh infirmary.

Response from Katherine Earlam, PALS Officer, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust

Thank you for your feedback from you around your partners recent experiences of our services, particularly in relation to the Sephton unit. I would like to looke into this matter so that i can provide you with an explanation of the events that occured. Therefore, i would welcome the opportunity to meet with you at your convenience so that i can understand your concerns in more detail.

I can be contacted direct on telephone number 01942 264622 or via our PALS service on 01925 664450. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Regards