"I am on my own struggling"

About: Nottingham City PCT Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

my medication was stopped in about 2007, I went in for repeat prescription and was told your not getting any more no explanation, I was then ignored so I left the surgery, most of the time I feel unable to stand up for myself in the face of these drs.

2009 looked into Mandala centre decided it was not for me. saw a dr. at my surgery who jumped up from his desk stepped back from me said there is nothing for me here and that I have a personality disorder. I was told to go home and get to know myself. I asked if I would have to go back t my home town to get any support.He implied that by doing this I would be using the system and as I left the surgery he said "good luck". I had asked another dr. for help and that suggested I would have to find my own psychiatrist expect to wait 12mnths, i didn’t know where to look.

They didn’t listen I’m on my own struggling, scared sometimes, I must be beyond help otherwise they would help me?

Response from Julie Grant, Head of Communications, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had of our service and of others. It is difficult to point you in the right direction for help without knowing a little more about you so please contact our PALs service on 0800 015 3367 and they should be able to respond in more detail. In the meantime I will speak to our Mandala Centre manager to see what I can find out.

Response from Involvement Team , Involvement & Experience, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Mulder

I spoke to the Mandala Centre about your feedback. They welcome re-referrals.

As things may have changed for you since 2009 your GP could make a new referral.

We are sorry your experiences have not been positive but we welcome your feedback and suggest again that you contact:

PALS on freephone 0800 015 3367 to discuss your concerns.

I hope this will be helpful for you.