"They saved my life, What more can I say!..."

About: Maidstone District General Hospital

The care I received in the A &E. was very good. My son and wife had to sort out chairs etc as I was in there for some time.

I was put into 1 side ward due to possible TB, I was often forgotten on the food, medicine and evening drinks.

About a week later I was put into another side ward due to suspicion of diarrhoea, again the same as above plus the nurse call system alarms were ignored. This may have been due to inadequate trained staff.

The TV in the side ward did not work, I had to fix it myself. When you are alone in a side ward a TV is company as the staff did not pop in.

Given the choice I would not like to go back into Watman ward.

I can only hope the problems listed could have been avoided with adequate trained staff.DrinksFoodPatient careReception

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences at the Maidstone Hospital. All comments are passed on directly to the appropriate manager of the department concerned for them to learn from and improve their services. If you require any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact mtwpals@nhs.net or call them on 01622 224960. Kind regards Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (SG)