"Poor and disrespectful"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

Staff attitude. The service does not offer choice of appointment. I could not make an appointment at my convenience and was sent one in the post. I have tried to cancel my appointment, which was sent in the post and was told I was lucky to have an appointment and needed to ring in every day until they could find one. The member of staff also put the phone down on me and refused to share information with me to take this forward and discuss with a senior member of staff.AppointmentsAttitudeCommunicationServiceTelephone

I am so sorry for being so late in responding to your concerns - this is because we have only recently set up our process for reading and reviewing stories on Patient Opinion and felt it important to track back through older postings too.

Sadly I cannot now, after all this time, rectify your issues but should this ever occur again either to yourself or anyone else who has read this and cannot be resolved within the department tdirectly then please first ask to speak with a matron or call our Customer Care Department on Telephone: (01522) 573969 who will help solve any issues as quickly as possible.