"Care at the Pilgrim surpassed all my..."

About: Pilgrim Hospital

I went into the Pilgrim Hospital on 8th February 2011 for a total hip replacement operation. From the moment I entered the wards (2A &3A) until I left on 12th of February, I can honestly say that I was given the best care anyone could have wished for. Every single person,surgical team, doctors, nurses, student nurses, health care support workers, physios, cleaning and catering staff were professional, caring and supportive. Nothing was too much much trouble. I am expecting to have a further operation at a later date and will certainly have no worries about going into the Pilgrim Hospital again. Even the food was good, always lovely and hot and pretty tasty.

Nothing. Even when the ward was short staffed everyone pulled together to get everything done (and they are kept very, very busy)

This hospital gets a lot of bad publicity but I couldn't fault a thing.Hip replacementCleanlinessFoodPatient careTemperatureCare assistantsDoctorsNursing staffSurgery team

Your feedback is very much appreciated - despite the fact that we are sadly reading this now some 18 months after your stay with us as we have only recently agreed our processes for reading and responding to stories left here on Patient Opinion. Please, however be assured that even after such a long time your comments are valued and have still been passed along to the teams.