"The hospital was pleasant but the food could have been better"

About: Rotherham Hospital / General surgery Rotherham Hospital / Urology Rotherham PCT / District nursing

I visited the Rotheram district hospital on two occassions and was very happy with the way i was treated. After having a hernia operation, I had difficulties in passing urine so i was taken into urology for prostate. I had a catheter removed and my prostate was widened.

My stay at the hospital was pleasant but the food could have been better. The doctors were very good with my operation and I was able to watch it on tv. My after care was brilliant, the district nurse comes to see me and is always punctual and lovely

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Pilot406, thank you for sharing your story on patients opinion. It is good to know that you are happy with the District Nursing service and I will pass on your kind comments to the staff concerned.

Best wishes,

Response from Rebecca Allinson, Associate Director, Corporate Relations, Rotherham Hospital

Dear Pilot406

Many thanks for your posting and I am pleased to hear that you found the general experience of care at Rotherham Hospital to be a positive one.

I do note your comment about the food and I think everyone appreciates the challenges with providing food in a hospital setting. At the Trust, our food is made on the premises and we do monitor the quality of our food on a regular basis. In fact, we have recently undertaken a ‘food tasting event’ and the early indications of this were positive but that does not mean it will suit everyone's tastes.

We continue to work hard to maintain and improve the quality and variety of the food we serve but feedback like this is always appreciated. We can see we still have some work to do.

With best wishes