"Our friend felt better, we the visitors..."

About: Samuel Johnson Community Hospital

While on a drive with friends, one of us started having an allergic reaction. We pulled over at the nearest hospital, which happened to be Samuel Johnson Community Hospital.

After parking, we took him in - he was seen to straightaway, given an injection, and had to remain in hospital for the next hour for observation.

As a visitor, I was hugely impressed by the service that we all received - our friend had his own room and nurses came in regularly to check him over, and bantered with all of us. We were all allowed to stay with him without being made to feel uncomfortable, and before we left nurses brought all of us - including us visitors - cups of tea. It certainly felt very homely, and we weren't left waiting for long as the nurses completed paperwork.

I just wanted to thank the staff that day who made our friend feel better, and who made all of us feel comfortable. Thank you all!BureaucracyAllergiesServiceCar ParkReceptionNursing staff

Response from Samuel Johnson Community Hospital

We aim to provide high quality services for all our patients and the PCT is pleased to hear that your experience was so positive.

We will pass on your comments to the relevant department.