"my physio appointment has been cancelled 3 times"

About: Rotherham PCT / Community physiotherapy

I was referred by my doctor which took appropriately 8 weeks to get an appointment. I had one session of physiotherapy treatment. My next appointment 3 weeks later was cancelled due to severe weather conditions. 5 weeks later, my next appointment was also cancelled because the physiotherapist was sick, 8 weeks later, my appointment was cancelled again because physiotherapist was sick again.I was not told about this so I walked 35 minutes before I got told.

A sign in the centre reads "ask a receptionist if you are waiting longer than 15minutes", however, you did not have a receptionist for me to ask. 24 weeks and I have still had no treatment to my condition. I think that this is a waste of my time and tax payers money because the NHS has refused to give any service at all.

Because of this experience I will find alternate treatment in the future.

Response from Grace Oldfield, Patient Involvement Manager, Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Shell379, please accept my apology for not coming back to you sooner. I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied when you recently tried accessing our Physiotherapy Services and for the fact that your experience was poor.

we really try hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive from our patients and would like to take the opportunity to discuss your experiences more fully and to apologise in person. I would appreciate it if you would be willing to contact our Service Managers, either Linda Walker on 01709 303219 or Barbara Cooper on 01709 303217.

Thank you.