"My experiences of CAMHS"

About: Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust / Child and adolescent mental health

I am nearly 18 and I have Autism , ADHD and learning disabilities , I have used the child mental health services since I was in pre-school and now nearly in my early adulthood now. And the consultant psychiatrist was polite , kind and respectful too and she really understood my issues that I had and the medication side as well :-) , A fantastic service the CAMHS has helped me and my family over the years and I will miss it when I turn 18 because I will be getting transferred to adult services soon and I will be seeing a adult psychiatrist instead of a child one , The only one problem I have the closing times at CAMHS which in my area was 5.00pm but I would like to see it close at 5.30pm instead of 5.00pm because of working time that my family have

Response from Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your very positive comments about the CAMHS service provided by the Trust. It is always very pleasing to receive compliments about our staff and services – particularly when they come from service users and/or carers. This generates tremendous pride in our staff and what they do.

Your feedback regarding closing times is very welcome which would provide improved access for carers and/or relatives. This has been passed to the service manager to consider further.