About: Devon Access and Referral Team (DART)

My first experience of DART has been good. Soon after my GP made the referral, an appointment request arrived through the post. I called one of two numbers supplied and gave the Booking Reference. A little surprised that the Password was not requested of me but further details I gave assured us they had the right person. I was asked for my Hospital preference and did I mind a private one. That and a date were soon fixed. The appointment confirmation duly arrived with information about the Hospital, directions to it and what to expect.

The Hospital handled my appointment efficiently, a nurse keeping me and two others waiting informed of the slight delay. It was not clear who I was to see until shown into his consulting room but I was immediately put at ease. Examination and diagnosis followed and I had the operation explained to me.

The propect is far less daunting now.

To be continued....

Response from Susan Pearce, Project Support Manager, DART (Devon Access & Referral Team), NHS Devon

Dear ‘Bill368’,

Thank you very much for taking the time to feed back regarding your experience, it is very much appreciated.

I’m glad that your experience of DART was a positive one and that the same can be said of your consultation appointment.

I wish you well for your surgery.

Kind regards,