"Excellent care, very busy."

About: Darlington Memorial Hospital

I was so impressed that despite the busyness of the ward [32] when I stayed and the constant demands of some very poorly patients, everyone of us was treated with care, dignity and often a cracking sense of humour! Made the stay much easier. Care was highly professional, and I noticed so much handwashing, cleaning and thorough respect of hygiene.

Beds felts comfy, bathroom was spotless and showers were warm and in good working order.

Length of time it took nurses to respond to call bell - particularly of patients who were relying on care staff to get them to the toilet. Is there some way there could be a green alert for patients with lower need like myself and higher needs such as pain and toileting?

Many thanks for your care and comfort during a hospital stay that while I wasn;t very poorly, was a shock and discomfort.

ThanksCleanlinessDignityPatient careBathroomBedsHygieneToiletsNursing staff

Response from Darlington Memorial Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback from your visit to Darlington Memorial Hospital in 2011. Unfortunately, at the time you shared your feedback, we were unable to respond. If you would like to discuss your previous comments please contact us. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774