"Not good."

About: Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

My father was admitted to Brindle ward on Thursday 6th January and on Monday 10th January my mother received a phone call to say he was being discharged so she arranged transport to bring him home, arrived at hospita,l got my father dressed and just as they were about to leave the physiotherapist came to assess him and said he was too unsteady to be discharged. Yesterday, 11th January, my mother went to visit in the afternoon and was told my father could go home, he had no clothes to travel home in and had to wear his brother in-laws coat for the journey also his medication hadn't been sorted and we had to return to the hospital later to get a prescription. There seems to be no system when people are discharged and no thought for the welfare of the patient. The last time my father was admitted to hospital he was discarged at 9.30pm on a freezing cold night after being assessed in the medical assessment ward, after arriving 10.30am that day.

A system to be followed on discharge, medication sorted for the patient to take home with them and basically 'the left hand knowing what the right hand is doing' and not giving out conflicting opinions which result in the patient and their carers being confused and treated in this way. There eeds to be better communication within all departments.PrescriptionsColdsTemperatureTelephoneWardPhysiotherapistsCommunication

Response from Chorley & South Ribble Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback about the care and treatment we provide. Your comments have been noted and will be reviewed to identify opportunities for improvement and any actions that may be necessary. If you would like to provide further details, or would like a personal response, please email customer.care@lthtr.nhs.uk, or you can speak with our PALS team on 01772 522972.